Welcome back! It seems like everyone had a great break and something fun to share at our Morning Meeting this morning. The bitter cold made it a bit harder to get out of bed when the alarm went off this morning, but seeing all the smiles and happy faces coming in made it better!
January is a great time to “hunker down” and get to work on our skill building from all the hard work your children did this fall. This week we will begin to work on making words, reading sight words and continuing our math numeracy skills with larger numbers as we get closer to the 100th Day of School!
STAY WARM!!!! Hopefully this cold, cold weather goes away soon!
Here’s what we are learning this week:
- Shared Reading text: The Mitten by Jan Brett
- Fundations Unit 2 week 1
- Introduction of CVC words (mat, cat, rug, etc.)
- Review of Uppercase letter writing
- Combinations to 10
- Calendar math
- numbers 1-31
- Counting by 10s and 1s to school day
- New Unit: Changes in Water
Social Studies/Social Thinking
- Review and practice of classroom rules
- Kind words with friends
Happy New Year!