We were a buzz today getting ready for our field trip tomorrow! I am looking forward to another great trip – I think this might be my 6th or 7th Kindergarten class I’ve taken to the apple farm. I haven’t had any apple cider yet this season, so I am looking forward to enjoying the outdoors and a special snack with the class. And making apple crisp with all the apples I bring home!
This week to me really feels like we are in the zone of learning. There’s more lessons on learning objectives and less lessons on behaviors (though we still need reminders of learner behavior – especially after lunch recess.) The class enjoys the work at center time and we have been doing a lot of science in the afternoons learning about weather and life cycles. Once we are back from the farm, we will begin our study of pumpkins.
Here’s what we are learning this week:
- Fundations Unit 1 Week three Uu and Ii
- Understanding the purpose of non-fiction texts
- Speaking and listening during group lesson time
- Phonemic awareness of previous letters
- beginning addition and subtraction problems
- attributes of circles
- Trip to Brooksby Farm
- Finish up life cycle of an apple
- Seasonal changes