On Friday, we spent the day learning about what the President of the United States does and about the White House. We also learned there’s a painting in the White House with a Nahant connection!
We also learned about the Seal of the President and painted pictures of the Bald Eagle. Did you know we have some fantastic artists in this class?
As the wind howls outside my classroom, here’s what we will be up to this week:
- Writing Folders and Snap to Spell words
- Fundations Unit 2 Week 3
- Shared reading – Non Fiction reading
- Continued work on CVC words (hearing all sounds in words)
- Reading assessment
- The equals symbol
- The addition symbol
- Writing numbers higher than 20
- Beginning Mid year assessment
- Weather Words
- Marine Science Center visit (1/24/17)
- Finish up Changes in Water
- Review of Being a good classroom citizen